Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 Spaceframe Super Saloon Race Car.
Full Blown Race Car, Track Car, Fast Road - Well Known
Road registered with its original V5 which is correctly stated as an Escort RS2000
Walter Robertson's 1978 championship winning chassis built by John Robinson Racing Services, who also built Nick Whiting's (brother of F1's Charlie Whiting) multi race winning spaceframed Escort chassis. (2nd picture from 1978).
- Designed & built 1977 for Super Saloons which later became the ThunderSaloon/Silhouette Sports Saloon race series.
- Currently eligible for Sports Libre class, with RAC logbook.
- Road registered as a 1980 RS 2000: V5 logbook, new mot, r/tax £230pa.
- Full spaceframe, roll cage, alloy skinned, glass fibre body with original RS2000 steel roof ,door pillars & windscreen, detachable front end.
- Fresh, low miles, Burton 2.2 Ford Pinto engine, dyno'd @ 248bhp: full race Burton head & cam, steel crank, Cosworth rods, Accralite pistons, high pressure oil pump, full alloy baffled rally sump, steel flywheel + new ring gear, new uprated starter, new AP Racing clutch, new slave cyl, new Webber 50 DCOE carbs & manifold, oil cooler. Spare Cosworth thick walled block.
- New Bullet 5 speed gearbox, new propshaft, Atlas 5 point diff ZF LSD.
- High ratio steering rack, full independent suspension, double front wishbones, spax adj coilovers.
- Brakes: front four pot vented, rear 2 two pot solid, braided hoses.
- Custom exhaust system.
- 2 x new Cobra race seats both with 6 point harnesses.
- 1 x set of split rim Compomotives, on slicks & I set of steel wheels on road tyres.
Car totally prepared 2011, since then only used twice for a demo run at Brands Hatch & a sprint at Goodwood.
Was recently sat in a Motorsports Museum, now in my Unit fully detailed & ready for sale.
Approx 650kgs & 248bhp.
Video of actual engine on test bench:
Centre page photo feature + 3 page article in December 2000 issue of 'Performance Ford' magazine, also featured in Cars & Car Conversions circa 1987, both incorrectly referred to it as a Zakspeed. Also now featured in Retro Ford magazine August 2013, issue 89. ( Magazines included )
Owned by one person over the last 15 years & only occasionally using it for sprints, now road registered purely for sprint class eligibility.
Car now sits indoors all detailed & ready to go. Viewings by appointment only please 7 days 8am ~ 10pm in the OL12 ( Rochdale area )
Delivery at cost can be offered.